The Sewer Division consists of the sewer system located within the City. The expenses of the Division are fully funded by revenue from user fees.
For service to a parcel within the City’s boundary lines:
- With an existing connection, please contact the Utility Department.
- Without an existing connection, please contact the Public Works Administration Office.
- Unsure about availability of sewer, please contact the Public Works Administration Office.
New Sewer Connection
To connect to the City’s sewer system, a completed application is required with payment due prior to any connection. Please contact the Utility Department, at 509.248.0434, if you have any questions regarding a new connection.
Sewer Forms & Documents
Sewer Developer Standards
Sewer Operation & Maintenance
Never put any of the following materials into sinks, toilets or drains:
- Glass, metal, wood, seafood shells
- Diapers, socks, rags or cloth of any kind
- Plastic objects (toys, eating utensils, etc.)
- Any strong chemical, toxic, caustic, or poisonous substance
- Degreasing solvents
- Any explosive or flammable material
- Gasoline, kerosene, fuel oil, paint thinner or antifreeze
- Lubricating oil or grease
- Cooking fat (lard, oil, grease)
- Hair clippings
These materials may clog your home system or create unsafe conditions in your lines and tank, thus causing additional expense to all involved.
What To Do If There Is A Sewer Backup
If you experience a sewer backup, follow these directions promptly.
- If a dishwasher, washing machine, shower, bathtub, toilet or other water fixture is operating, shut it off immediately.
- Call the Public Works Department immediately; 225.3524 or 248.0434 during business hours / 248.0430 after hours & holidays.
- The City’s Wastewater crew will check to make sure the City’s main lines are not plugged, therefore saving you the cost of calling a plumber. When a blockage in the sewer main occurs our Wastewater crew will handle the problem; if the blockage is in the property owner’s side service the City crew will inform you immediately and you may elect at that time to contact a plumber to clear the blockage at your expense.
- If you incur property damage and the sewer backup was in the City main line please contact the Finance & Administration Department at 248.0432 for further assistance.