Code Enforcement

The Code Enforcement Division enforces City zoning, building, and other land use regulations within the municipal boundaries of the City of Union Gap. This is accomplished by making sure that construction activities and other forms of development have received the necessary City permits and are being carried out in compliance with the terms of permit approvals and land uses. It also involves responding to situations of public nuisance properties created by a lack of property maintenance. The CED Staff is committed to working cooperatively with residents, property owners, and other interested parties to prevent and resolve land use and building violations in a fair and efficient manner.

In the event of a life-threatening emergency, please dial Emergency Services at 9-1-1

How do I make a complaint?

You must fill out the Code Enforcement Complaint Form in order to make a complaint of a property.

What is the status of a violation?

In many cases it may seem like there has been no progress on a complaint you have made. In order for the City of Union Gap to comply with state laws we must give enough time for property owners to gather resources such as time and/or finances to correct their property violation. The Code Enforcement Officer will use discretion as to what timelines are enforced for each case.

If I am in violation, what do I do?

If you have a violation on your property and have been spoken to, or received documentation requesting compliance, please contact our office to acknowledge the complaint. If you have not been contacted and would like help with your violation we will do what we can to work with you and your property. Keep in mind that Code Enforcement is designed to preserve the health and well-being of you and your community.

What do I do when I am compliant?

If you have corrected the violation on your property, please contact us by phone at 509.575.3638 as soon as possible. We will want to update your case information.

Request Code Enforcement Records

All public records must be requested through our Clerks office.